The homepage of the official website for Dr. Woodson Merrell, author of The Detox Prescription.
44 EAST 67th STREET NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10065 (212) 535-1012
Woodson Merrell, MD
Dr. Woodson Merrell has been on a mission to transform medicine and healthcare since he started his practice in Integrative Internal Medicine in New York City in 1986. He has been a pioneer and national leader in developing the field of Integrative Medicine, which combines the best evidence-based therapeutic approaches from conventional and complementary medicine.
His practice includes acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutrition, homeopathy, and mind-body stress reduction techniques along with conventional internal medicine and diagnostics. He is Executive Director of the Continuum Center for Health and Healing in New York, chairman of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center, a member of the Mt. Sinai Health System, and visiting assistant professor of family and social medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dr. Merrell is the author of two books, Power Up and, soon-to-be released, The Detox Prescription. As one of the world's leading experts on Integrative Medicine, Dr. Merrell has been frequently quoted in national publications including Time, The New Yorker, The New York Times and Town and Country, and has made numerous television appearances including on Good Morning America, CBS News and The Dr. Oz show. More on Dr. Merrell.
Dr. Merrell's newest book, The Detox Prescription (Rodale, 2013) is available now in stores and online. With a foreword by Dean Ornish, MD, it includes 3, 7, and 21-day plans for detoxing your life, including complete menu plans with more than 100 delicious detoxifying recipes, a 3-day juice cleanse and a complete lifestyle plan for detoxifying. Read more about the book and order here.
- Dr. Merrell has launched his blog on the Huffington Post.
- Dr. Merrell appeared on The Dr. Oz Show Tuesday, January 7. Part I and Part II.
- The Detox Prescription is featured in Elle: "You're Going To Need A Bigger Blender" by Joseph Hooper.
- The Detox Prescription is honored to be a finalist in the Books for a Better Life Award!
- Bishop Desmond Tutu presents Dr. Merrell with Soukya Foundation's "Lifetime Achievement Award in Integrated Medicine" at the Global Health Futures conference.